How to sign in to OneDrive
One disk is a cloud file and photo storage service created by Microsoft; It works on all platforms (PC, mobile phones, tablets...) synchronously and allows you to interact with files without the need for an Internet connection. Additionally, one of the most attractive features is SSL encryption, which automatically receives your photos and files when you upload them to the server, giving you greater confidence when using the service anywhere and from any device.
For use OneDrive You must log in from any device. This can be done online, via a mobile app, or on your computer. Login information - your email address or mobile phone and password; Alternatively, you can also sign in with your Skype account since it belongs to the same company (Microsoft). If you have problems logging in or would prefer to have someone accompany you, at MundoCuentas we will help you with the detailed instructions below.
Sign in to OneDrive online.
The most common method of logging into this platform is through the Internet. Data required to log in in the easiest way: email address and password. However, you can also use your phone number or Skype account.
- You need to enter the following address: onedrive.live.comthen click on the text in the top right corner that says "Login".
- In this part, you will need to enter your email address, phone number or Skype username. It all depends on how you want to access OneDrive. Then you click on the blue button that says "Next".
- Now it's time to enter your password. Remember that if you entered your email address, you must enter its password, and if you choose to use your Skype username, you must enter the password for your Skype account.
- After you have entered the password, you need to click on “Login".
Finally, if your details are correct, you will be logged in. If you're using a personal or secure computer and don't want to enter information every time you want to use OneDrive online, check the "Remain in the system".
Sign into OneDrive from PC
Take advantage of OneDrive without having to sign in through a web browser by using the desktop app. The best part about the desktop app is that when you install it, it creates a regular folder where you can put all your files and they are automatically uploaded to the cloud.
- You need to download the desktop app from this linkthen install it by following the intuitive instructions that the wizard will show you on the screen.
- Open the app and in the empty field at the bottom enter your email address and then click the button on the right that says “Login".
- Then you have to enter your password and finally click on "Login".
Here's how easily you can sign in to the OneDrive desktop app. Helpful information: You can only sync multiple accounts if you have a business plan; if you have a personal plan, you can only do it with one.
Sign in to OneDrive from the app (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
Cloud storage should not lack an application for mobile devices. It is available for major operating systems and includes additional features, such as allowing you to scan anything using your device's camera.
- You need to download the application on your mobile device, below are the links for each operating system: download the app for Android, download the app for iOS, download application for windows phone.
- When you open the application, a welcome window will appear and at the bottom there will be an option that says “Login".
- You must now enter your Microsoft account or associated account information; email, phone number or Skype. Then click on the arrow that is on the right.
- Finally, enter the password of the account you entered and click the button that says “Login".
That's all! Now that you're signed in, you can use OneDrive on your mobile device. If you're having trouble logging in, read on to find some solutions.
Login problems, how to solve?
You'll probably have trouble logging in at some point, but you're not the only one. So don't worry, there is a solution for most cases. Below we describe the most common problems and their solutions in case they are preventing you from logging in.
- Forgotten password.
You may have forgotten your Microsoft account password because you haven't logged in for a while. Don't worry, if you still have access to your email, follow the link this linkwrite it and click “Next”, then “to get the code". You will be sent a code to the email you entered, you need to place it in the appropriate field, and then you can reset your password.
- The application cannot be used to synchronize your personal account.
This issue occurs when you want to sign in using the OneDrive desktop app, but you are using the Windows 8.1 operating system. The solution is to use a Microsoft account to sign in and thus use the OneDrive application, which is already included by default in the operating system.
- Forgotten or unavailable email address or phone number.
If you ever decide to close your account (suspend it) and it's been more than 60 days since you last logged in, it's already permanently deleted. Also, if you haven't closed it but haven't logged in for 5 years since 2015, your account will be deleted.
If you are experiencing a problem more severe than the one described above, you should contact Microsoft Support for OneDrive. You can do this by doing Click here.
OneDrive is a cloud storage service for files and photos that runs on different platforms that synchronize with each other. It was launched on August 1, 2007 and developed by an anonymous programmer. In 2009, Microsoft announced in its first reports "virtual hard disk". Before this service became known as OneDrive, it had several names: SkyDrive, Microsoft SkyDrive, Windows Live SkyDrive and Windows Live Folders.
The service's storage plans have gradually increased, with at least the free one increasing from 250MB to 5GB. One of the main features of this service is the ability to use Microsoft Office online; Creating new projects, editing them and then sharing them are the strengths of this quality. The only thing you need is a web browser. In addition, Microsoft took responsibility for refining the tool, making it possible to translate it into 94 languages.
Developers have not been forgotten this time: Microsoft has published an API available in the Live Connect development center that allows you to create services for the web and any other tool that depends on the cloud storage offered by OneDrive. A software development program is available for users of Windows (10, 8, phone) and Android/iOS operating systems to create applications and style pages.