iCloud Drive: how to download, set up and use on Windows
Method for download iCloud Drive, this mainly depends on the operating system update you are running; if it is Windows 10 or previous version. Being the first of these options will allow you to get the application from the official Microsoft store, otherwise you will have to download it from the link located on the Apple website. This post was created to provide general guidance that applies in both cases.
Some iOS users use Windows instead of Mac on their computers. For them, download the electronic install iCloud Drive as an application on PC This is a great option. This way, they will be able to comfortably access the information available in the cloud from a computer, regardless of whether it is an Apple computer, and without having to go to icloud.com through a browser since it will be embedded.
Main requirement to set up and use iCloud Drive on Windows is to have an iCloud account. If you use any Apple service, you should know that you already have it, since it is the same service that you use to access iTunes or the App Store, and in turn, the one that you created when using your iPhone or iPad for the first time. If you need more information about creating a new ID, log in to official Apple support following this connection.
On the other hand, as already mentioned, it is important to know What version of Windows are you using? to download the application. If you don't know what OS update is installed on your computer, just follow this connection To find out, visit the official Microsoft support site.
A version of the app compatible with Windows 7 and 8 is available on Apple's website, which you can access by following this link. connection. If you have Windows 10 or later, you will need Microsoft account To access the official store and download iCloud Drive, this will be your Hotmail or Outlook email address. You can enter the store through this connection.
Since the process for download iCloud Drive It depends on which Windows update you are using. In this section you will find a short guide on the relevant steps that you need to follow in any case.
From the Microsoft Store
To download iCloud Drive, you need to have Windows 10 or higher. If you meet this requirement, simply log in with your Microsoft account to the official store after that connection.
- Press "Receiveand wait a few seconds.
- A button will appear that says “Install", Click.
- To finish, click "Start off", so you can open the application if you want.
Did this, you will download and install the application on your computer. Pressing "Start off", you open the program to begin the setup process.
From the Apple website
If your operating system Windows 7 or 8, you can get iCloud Drive from Apple's official website. Enter this connection and follow these simple steps:
- Find the option "download iCloud for Windows on the Apple website", click this text containing the hyperlink.
- You will see a file ending in .exe begin to download, this process may take a few minutes. After downloading the document, simply click to run it.
Once all steps completed successfully, it's time to start setting up the iCloud tool. The next section contains instructions on how to do this.
Once you've downloaded and installed the app, you can start setting it up. Recommended restart your computer for iCloud Drive to integrate into the system and function correctly. After that, follow the steps given below:
- If it does not open automatically, launch the application from installed applications or programs.
- Sign in using your Apple ID.
- You must enter confirmation code which you will receive on your mobile device.
- Check the option "iCloud Drive"
- Choose the tools that you want to sync with iCloud.
- Press "Apply" to save your changes.
Basically that's all you need configure the application. However, the next section explains in more detail some of the features you can sync to iCloud Drive. IN "Storage» You'll be able to see all the files shared via iCloud sync from other devices.
iCloud Features and Functions
During installation you have the option activate synchronization some tools on your computer. The most common features and applications that you can find are the following:
- Photo: By checking this box, you must always enter "options…" to customize it as you wish. This feature allows you organize your photos and videos and also leave comments that you share with other people. In the latest versions, you can also pin content to make it visible offline.
- Email, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks: You'll be able to use these iCloud tools because the information is synced with the information on your other devices.
- Markers- If you agree to check out this feature, your iCloud bookmarks will be downloaded and merged with the bookmarks in your browser on Windows.
Most users usually choose "Photoin iCloud, as it is one of the most useful and convenient features of this tool. To activate or deactivate this feature, like other features, you just need to check or uncheck them while configuring the settings.
Use iCloud Drive
To use this tool once configured, you just need to go to File Browser where you will find folders corresponding to the information you have decided to link between devices. The name of the folder where this data is located, iCloud Drive.
Likewise, there is a folder called iCloud Photos where you can upload the photos you want and they will be synced with photos from other devices, so they will be available on any of them.
Setting up iCloud Drive on other computers
To set up and use iCloud Drive on Windows, you need Previously, enable this option on your Apple devices. one by one manually. Otherwise, their files will not be synced on your computer.
The procedure is different on an iPad, iPod, iPhone, or even a Mac if you have one. Below is a guide to the steps and aspects to consider for set up iCloud Drive on different Apple devices:
On iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Steps to activate synchronization with iCloud Drive on a mobile device they are very simple. Here's a quick guide to configuring this app's settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Log in"Parameter» or Your device settings.
- Press "iCloud"
- You will see the option "iCloud Drive", activate it by pressing the corresponding button.
Once this is done, you will find all your iCloud Drive photos and videos in the Files app. Process may vary slightly depending on version your operating system.
Process for setting up basic functions iCloud Drive on Macthis is basically done through the following steps:
- Enter the Apple menu and go to the "System Settings"
- Select the option "iCloud"
- Check the box "iCloud Drive"
You may have to sign in using your Apple ID if you haven't done so previously. If you enter "options…» you can select the applications you want to sync.
It is important to take into account some essential aspects to avoid inconvenience when application settings on other devicestheir list is below:
- Update your iOS mobile devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) to the latest version, you can find out how to do this at Here.
- Get the latest version of macOS. If you need more information follow this connection official support.
- Sign in with the same Apple ID on all your computers.
if you have problems with updatecheck the minimum system requirements for using iCloud Drive on the website Here. You can find information about the specifications your device must have to use certain features, as well as general usage of the app.
These are basically all the aspects that you need to take care of for setting up and using iCloud Drive on your Apple devices. By following these steps, you can sync information from the rest of your devices. At the same time, they will be available through a common storage and file management system in the cloud.
Although you can sign in to iCloud from Windows using the appropriate web address, download and install the application on that operating system, this is a great option for manage your photos, videos and other files with great comfort. In the most recent versions, it even allows you to pin files so that they are accessible without an Internet connection.