Close open Gmail sessions
Sometimes, You can stay signed in to Gmailthis poses an inconvenience to the security of users' personal information.
For this reason we will teach you how to close open gmail sessions through a step-by-step guide that includes various methods and devices.
The procedure you need to follow to close Gmail sessions opened from your computer is as follows:
- Sign in to Gmail (access by clicking this link connection)
- Look for the option "Last account activity" at the bottom of the screen and tap "Details"
- Press "security check"
- Access to the section "Your devices"
- A list of connected devices appears. Display the options menu by clicking on the three dots and select "go out"
From a Google account
Not only can you sign out of Gmail on this platform, you can do so directly from Google Accounts as follows:
- Sign in to my Google account and log in if necessary (use this to go to the page connection).
- Click on the "Safety"
- Choose "Device management"
- Click on the three dots that correspond to the section of the device whose session you want to close (or click on) and select "go out"
on mobile phone
The above procedures for PC can be performed on an Android or iOS mobile device from a web browser (this cannot be done using the app) by following the same instructions. The process with Gmail is slightly different, as you may need to request the site listed in your browser's quick settings.
Sign out on the same device
It is also important to know how log out of your account on the computer you are usingto prevent it from being left open and compromising data security. Below is a brief explanation of what to do in each case.
The steps to close your current Gmail session from your browser on PC are very simple. Just, click on the profile photo or name initials and select "go out" or "Go out" If you have more accounts synced in your browser, you may see a button to close all sessions.
On mobile devices, you must sign out and stop syncing your account. To do this you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Gmail app installed on the device.
- Click on your profile photo located at the top of the screen.
- Choose "Manage accounts on this device" or "Manage accounts on this device".
- Select an account what you want to close.
- Finally, you have to click on the option “Delete account" (it could also be "Delete your account"or some similar option) and confirm the operation.
This will delete all information associated with your Google account on the device.
These are all the processes you should know to close all open Gmail sessions easily and quickly.