Direct received emails to a specific folder in Hotmail (Outlook.com).
Categorize emails into folders Specific information is very useful for organizing work, personal and educational information in different spaces.
For this reason, in this text we will show you how to make received emails go to a specific folder in Hotmail (Outlook).
Filter received emails so they end up in a specific folder
To redirect emails received from a specific person to the folder we assign to them, the following steps must be followed:
- Login V Outlook.live.com and access your mailbox.
- Search email that you want it to reach a specific folder and right click about the east.
- A drop-down menu will open and you will need to select the option "Create rules".
- A new window will appear where you must select a folder where you want to move this sender.
*If you do not have a folder created, click on the arrow and another drop-down menu will open in which you must select “New Folder”.
*If the folder has already been created, find the appropriate name in the drop-down menu and check it.
- Click "Accept" to save the changes.
This way, all emails you receive from that person will go to the selected folder and not to the Hotmail inbox.
Creating folders in Hotmail
If you have a lot of emails to organize, it's a good idea to create folders in Outlook ahead of time. The steps to be followed are:
- To come in Prospects.
- Click on the option "new folder". It is in the left side menu, at the bottom of the section.
- Enter a short name and useful for the organization such as “Work”, “University”, “Clients”, “Suggestions”, etc.
- Finish by pressing "Enter"on your keyboard.
You can create as many folders as you like and also delete them by selecting the appropriate option after right-clicking on the folder.
These are all the methods you should know to filter emails in Hotmail (Outlook) folders.