How to Create Folders in Gmail and Receive Emails in Specific Folders
Sort received mail into folders It's an alternative offered by Google to Gmail or Microsoft to Outlook to help professionals and students organize information.
In this article we will show you how to create folders in gmail and the process required to deliver emails to a specific previously selected folder.
Create folders in Gmail
To organize and archive received emails, you need to create folders and you need to follow these steps:
- Open your account from Gmail from your browser and go to your inbox.
- In the left column, click "Further".
- Click "Create a new shortcut".
Repeat these simple steps to create all the folders you need to organize your inbox.
Send emails to specific folders
Now that you've created folders for Gmail, you can create filters to automatically sort your emails. This is done by following these steps:
- Click on the arrow in the search bar from your mailbox.
- In this box you can enter parameters to filter your emails. Then click the "Create Filter" button.
- Check the option "Apply label" and select a shortcut (that is, the folder) you created earlier to store emails that match the filter, and click “Create Filter.”
Repeat this process with all the shortcuts or folders you create to filter your received messages in a more organized way.
That's all you need to know to create folders in Gmail and receive emails in specific folders.