How to change Skype password?
He Skype username and password or any other communication platform is information that is usually configured in such a way that it can be easily associated with any data or dates that are important to a person. However, a large number of users there are problems with the access codebecause they forget it due to non-use of the account or other similar circumstances.
In this sense, if you have problems logging into skype for forgotten password, you should know that you can change it at any time. This is easy to do both on a PC in the desktop version and on a mobile phone using an application or browser. Only you need to follow a few simple steps which are explained in this text.
on Skype mobile app Android, which you can download from the official store to your mobile phone quickly and for free. Through this you will be able to access the platform options menu change your account password. To do this, you will have to follow the instructions shown below:
- Login to the application and click on your profile picture.
- Choose "Parameter» in the options menu.
- Choose "Account and profile"
- Press "Your account" in the "Management" section.
- A window will open in the application browser. If it is needed, Login to your account.
- Press "Change password"
- You must verify your identity using a security code. Receive Click on the given option.
- Confirm your information with Microsoft and click "Send code"
- Write down the code you received, then return to Skype, write it in the empty field and click "To figure out"
- Now You must indicate whether you want to save or notsession completed on the device.
- Write your current account password and new access code with the appropriate confirmation.
- Press "Hold"
Note: In case you need a reminder password change every 72 dayscheck the appropriate box.
When you complete all the steps you will be able to sign in to your Skype account in any of its versions and continue to use the service.
From a mobile browser
For change your Skype account password in your mobile phone browseryou can do this by following the instructions below:
- Press this link and sign in to your account if necessary.
- Press "Skype"
- Choose "My account"
- Press "Change password"
- Microsoft may require verification of your identity for security reasons. Hence You need to enter the access code and click “Login”..
- This will take you to a new window where They will ask you to enter your current password and a new password.twice.
- Finally, click "Hold"
Note: If you want activate a password change reminder every 72 dayscheck the required box.
You forgot your password
If for some reason you forgot your Skype password, you can reset or change it from your mobile phone by following a few steps. See what they are like below.
- Access the application.
- Press "Login or create"
- Enter your username and click "Next"
- At this point you should click "Forgot your password?" in the available options under the empty field.
- The system will ask you to enter the phone number or email address associated with your account to receive an identity verification code. At the same time, click “to get the code"
- Go to your mailbox and copy the received code. Then return to the application and write this in the appropriate field. At the same time, click “Next"
- Enter a new password and repeat it to confirm. When finished, click "Next"
At the end you will be able to log into Skype with a new password which you installed in the process.
To change your Skype password from your PC, you have two options. The first of them can be used from the account control panel, that is, if you know the access code. And the second allows you to reset your password through profile verification information. To learn how to use both alternatives, keep reading.
Via control panel
You can use this option if you know the password to access your account from Skype, just follow these steps:
- Join https://secure.skype.com/portal/overview.
- If you are not logged in, please enter your login credentials. On the other hand, if you are already logged into your account, scroll down and click "Change password» in the side menu.
- You will be redirected to a new window where you will be asked to verify your identity using a code. To do this, click "Send code to ***"
- Enter the email address associated with your Skype account and click "Send code"
- If your email address matches the one registered in the Microsoft database, go to your mailbox and copy the received confirmation code. Then return to the page, write it in the empty field and click "To figure out"
- Once you do this, you will be taken to a new window where you will need to write your current password and the new password with your confirmation.
- To finish, click "Hold"
When you're done, a new password will be configured and you can sign in as usual on any device you want.
If you have forgotten your password
If Don't remember your Microsoft account password, you will not be able to sign in to Skype. Therefore, you will have to reset it by following a process similar to the one used on a mobile phone. For this you must follow the instructions which are described below:
- Enter https://account.live.com/password/reset?cobrandid=2befc4b5-19e3-46e8-8347-77317a16a5a5.
- Enter your email address, username or phone number associated with your Skype account and click Next.
- If you choose the email verification method, confirm your email address and click "to get the code"
- Go to your mailbox and write down the code you received. Then return to the site and Write it in the empty field before clicking Next..
- Enter your new password and confirm it. Finally click "Next"
When you're done you will be able to log into your profile again to continue using Skype services. Using any of these methods, you can easily replace the access code for your Skype account. Please note that although This is a process that has no limit on the number of attempts.It is advisable to keep the password in a safe place.