How to reinstall WhatsApp: reinstall without losing chats
To reinstall WhatsApp without losing chats, you must follow certain procedures before deleting. First of all, It's important to create a backup all conversations and save your existing contacts.
This and other necessary procedures to reinstall WhatsApp on your mobile phone without losing data. We will explain to you below in this article.
Reinstall on Android
To reinstall WhatsApp on Android without losing your chats, you need to back up all your conversations. This needs to be done from within the application as shown below:
- Open the application WhatsApp and enter "Settings"
- Select the option "Chats"
- Click on the section "Backup"
- Press "Hold" Just left wait for the backup to be created from all the conversations.
Once these steps are completed, You can reinstall WhatsApp without losing chats. For this, you need to download the app from the official store and be sure to restore your data before logging inwhen this option appears.
Reinstall on iOS
The process to reinstall WhatsApp on iOS is the same as on Android. This is with the difference that you will have to backup to iCloud rather than Google Drive. The path to follow in this case is the same: “Menu > Settings > Chats > Backup." From this location you just need to click the button "HOLD"
Once the backup is ready, You only need to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.. You can download this application from the official store iOS.
How to Backup WhatsApp Chats
There is another method of supporting conversations, before deleting. This option involves sending your chat history to your email so you can access it from anywhere. To do this, do the following:
- Find yourself in whatsapp chat menu.
- Click on the option that says "Chat history"
- Choose "Export chat"
- Select chat to perform a backup.
- You will be given the option to back up your media files or not.choose the option according to your taste.
- Choose "Gmail" This will create a text document containing the entire conversation. And will appear attached to an email message. All that remains is to enter the recipient and subject of the email and send it.
How to backup your contacts
When changing phones and restoring chats, some phone numbers with an open chat may remain. However, to restore contacts to a new device, you must back them up, although the method varies depending on the operating system.
- On Android: You need to log into the contacts app and make sure they are all saved in the emailone at a time in the option "Edit contact" You can also check that the latest backup was created recently by following the path “Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google > Contacts."
- On iOS: On these mobile devices the process is similar, but synchronization can be activated by following the path "Settings > Contacts > iCloud"
Note: In both cases, you can restore contacts by logging into your account from the device, since all data will be synchronized. You can also export your contacts file from the app menu by selecting this option and choosing the account to send to, which can be iCloud or Google as the case may be.
These are all the basic methods to save WhatsApp chats and contacts when reinstalling the app, whether it is installed on the same device or a new one. As you can see, the procedure is very similar on Android and iOS.