What is Telegram Web? Features and methods of use on PC
Having a platform to send and receive messages is essential today. However, there are apps for this. many of them are very heavy and cause problems like lag on your smartphone. if it's low range. Even transferring files to your computer from these apps can be tedious, especially if you don't know how to use a mobile phone.
Telegram has a web version of the application that you can use in a browser from your PC. This way, you will consume fewer resources on your mobile device, and using the service will become more practical. It will also allow you to send and receive files directly from your computer.
How to use Telegram Web
To use this application, you must have a phone number linked to your Telegram account. The steps below are the same as creating an account or associating an application with a web service for the first time.
- Login to: https://web.telegram.org/#/login.
- Enter Your phone number and the country where you belong.
- Click on the "Next"
- A window will appear where you must confirm your detailsClick on the "Fine" If the information entered is correct.
- After confirmation, you must enter the code sent to your phone. If this is your first time registering, the code will be sent to you via text message. If the application is downloaded on your mobile phone, It will come to you via Telegram chat.
- The application will launch in your browser.
Once you are logged in, your account will be linked, if you have the application on your mobile phone. It is important to highlight that the options you have through Telegram Web are That's not all the smartphone app offers..
Telegram for PC
Telegram has an installable version for PC, similar to the application used on Android. It also allows you to link your account across devices. Which will help you view the same content in both the web version, mobile application, and its desktop version.
Its version for Windows is called "Telegram Desktop". It can be used in Windows 7, 8 and 10. In versions 7 and 8 of the Operating system, downloading must be done through the official website, you can go to it from Here. However, in the new version you can download it from Microsoft Store. You have the same features as the mobile version, but with a Windows desktop interface. To do this use this connection.
You can manage your profile, change your phone number, create and organize groups. Allows all calling and voice memo options. In fact, This doesn't make any difference in terms of your settings., regarding its Android version.
For the famous company Apple it is also available under the name "Telegram." You can get it from the official website of the application in the version for macOS, to do this you can click Here. It is also available for download in app stores.you will only need to use the following connection, works on devices running OS X 10.11 or higher. Currently, around 400 million users frequently use this platform on their Mac computers.
In version 5.7 they expanded the translation of their app into 8 languages and added new privacy features. Now you choose which users will be informed of your existence on Telegram. It also has tools for exchanging files from extensions; Finally, you can schedule messages to be sent in advance.
For Linux systems, there is currently an official Telegram application called "Telegram Desktop Trash". This application allows you to install the latest version of the program on this type of system. You must have Yaourt to install it..
You can take advantage of the most relevant and important options, for example: automatic downloading of received files, the ability to search for channels and groups in the search bar, as well as the use of various emoticons and gifs.
What is Telegram Web?
The Telegram website is browser version of the popular Telegram application. Basically, it is a mobile instant messaging platform through which you can communicate with other people. Its web version is proof of the platform's diversity and adaptability to any environment, which is why it is the current competitor of WhatsApp Messenger.
It has all the features of a messaging app such as: Send and receive text messages, make calls and send audio messages. However, Telegram has some features that make it unique.
Dispose of wide interfacewhere you see all its functions, from the chat window you can see your list of contacts and at the same time detailed information about each of them. You will be able to send and receive different types of files. for example: images, GIFs, videos or documents; just drag them into the conversation. It has a wide selection of customizable stickers. It is a mini store where you can download any emoji from the same chat window.
In addition, it exhibits the following characteristics:
- Night mode: You can set it to night mode to avoid damaging your eyes when using it at night.
- Groups: You can create and manage different groups, invite everyone you want and make them administrators. In them, users interact as if it were a group conversation.
- Channel: Unlike groups, through channels you can keep your friends updated. There is no interaction between participants.
- Archived chats: You can archive unnecessary chats so they don't take up space in your contacts list.
- Customizable: Set the background for your conversations, use the most suitable colors according to your taste.
- Delete messages: In this it differs greatly from its competitors, because has the ability to delete sent messages without leaving traces. By deleting it, the other person won't notice and won't have a message that something was deleted.
- Search: You have a search bar where you can search for: Messages, groups, channels and contacts; even if you are not on their list.
Some of the most outstanding benefits of Telegram will be listed below:
- Fast: Sending and receiving messages occurs immediate way.
- Certainly: It is not affected by malware or viruses as they constantly update their platform to make it better and safer.
- For free: You will not have to pay absolutely anything to download and register in the application.
- Practical: Application it doesn't weigh much compared to other applications. Moreover, the data consumption due to the use of the platform is very low.
- Versatility: You can run it anywhere: PC, MacOS and Linux. Wherever you can open a browser, there you can use Telegram.
- Confidentiality: You decide who you share your personal information with. You can even block or mute people or groups indefinitely.