Bitly: How to Use It to Shorten Links or URLs for Free
A free url shortener This is a powerful tool for those who frequently share content on social networks. Some links are so long that they degrade the aesthetics and functionality of the link. Ideally, it is necessary to ensure the practicality of each technological tool.
One tool that has worked for many is use Bitley. It is a service with free and paid versions that guarantees brand control by shortening and highlighting your website. Find out more below and enjoy the benefits.
How to shorten a URL for free
In Bitly, you can use the free URL shortening feature and customize it. In other words, in addition to reducing the size, provides the ability to edit it to make it more attractive. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Join https://bitly.com/ and register according to the steps indicated by the system. Open a free account that allows you to shorten up to 100 links, or a paid account for more advanced features.
- Enter the link you want to shorten in the top “Link Search” field. Then click the "Create" button.
- A sidebar will appear where necessary post a long link and enable some features you want to use platforms. At the bottom, click the “Create” button.
- The size of the link that you can copy and paste into social networks is immediately reduced.
- If you want to customize it, you just need place your cursor in the edit area and enter what you want. Save your changes and start sharing them on any available social network.
- To find out if the cutting action is effective, check statistics and you will be able to see how many clicks the post has.
Using Bitly as a URL shortener is one of the outstanding alternatives to expand your brand on social media and increase digital engagement. Without a doubt, this is the add-on that every developer wants for their work.
Bitly is one of the alternatives recommended by experts for shortening URLs and is even used by large websites. However, the market offers options such as:
- Ou.li: This is an option that allows shorten links, measure traffic and manage social media the most popular in the world. It is designed intuitively and is ideal for use by anyone.
- Add.ly: It is one of the most commonly used social networks like Facebook and Twitter as it provides detailed statistics on every link. Thanks to this tool, you can improve your traffic and increase your profits.
In short, very easy to use free url shortener for example Bitly and its alternatives. You just need to register on the platform and start using the features. Narrow, personalize, and closely monitor your social media activity to see how your posts are performing.