How to Archive or Unarchive Conversations in Facebook Messenger
Conversations archived on Facebook those chats that are hidden inside a special folder.
In this article, we will show you what steps you need to take to archive and unarchive conversations in Messenger in a simple and fast way.
How to archive
You can archive conversations in Facebook Messenger use the mobile applicationon Android or iOS, and web version of the platform in computer. In this sense, the necessary steps for each case are explained below.
From a mobile phone
Considering that many users prefer to use the mobile application, the following steps must be followed to archive Facebook Messenger conversations on your mobile phone:
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Click on conversation which you want to archive for a few seconds.
- Choose "file"
With these simple steps, you can easily archive a Facebook Messenger conversation from the mobile application on Android or iOS terminals.
If you are using a computer, you must follow the steps below to archive conversations in Facebook Messenger:
- Login on Facebook.
- Click on messages icon.
- Press "See everything in Messenger"
- Hover your cursor or pointer over the conversation. which you want to activate and click the button with three ellipses.
- Choose "Conversation archive"
By following these simple steps, you can archive all your Facebook Messenger conversations.
Using the desktop application
Facebook Messenger now It is available for computers with 64-bit Windows., allowing you to send messages, make calls and video calls from your computer much faster. Same can be downloaded by following this link. This also includes a conversation archiving function, which is performed using a procedure similar to that described below:
- Download and install Messenger for desktop.
- Open the application in computer.
- Press "Login using Facebook(Log in with Facebook) or "Login using phone or email(Log in by phone or email), optional.
- Press "Open Messenger for desktop"
- Press "Open Messenger"
Note: If you wish, you can activate "Always allow www.facebook.com to open these types of links in the selected application." to avoid this happening again in the future.
- Right click on the conversation which you want to archive and select "Hide conversation"
- Choose between "Disguise" And "Definitely hide", optionally, taking into account the comments indicated in the dialog box.
With these steps, you can archive Facebook Messenger conversations using the desktop application on Windows x64 computers.
Where to find archived chats
If a conversation was archived by mistake, you can easily find it. in the "Archive chats" sectionWell, let from your mobile phone or using the online version. Likewise, when using the desktop app, you can also find conversations in a file. In this sense, below we will explain how to do this in each of them:
- On a computer from the web version: once upon a time at the window Messengeryou need to click on button with three ellipses (...) and select the “Archive chats” section.
- on mobile phone: Tap on your profile picture and swipe until you find the optionArchived chats" By clicking on it, you will see all your saved conversations.
- On your computer from the desktop application: must be write the contact name in the Messenger search bar and the hidden conversation will appear.
How to unzip
Unarchive a conversation in Facebook Messenger requires essentially the same procedure which is used archive. In this sense, depending on the device or version used, there will be the following steps.
From the web version
To unarchive Facebook Messenger conversations from a computer in the web versionyou need to follow the steps shown below:
- Log in"Archived chats"
- Find a conversation which you want to unzip.
- touch button with three ellipses (...) next to the account name.
- Choose "Unarchive chat"
With these simple steps, you can unarchive any chat saved in this section, whether by mistake or intentionally.
From the mobile application
If you are using the mobile version of Facebook Messenger, steps to follow to unarchive conversations the following:
- Open Messenger.
- Click on profile picture.
- Choose a section "Archived chats"
- Long press in chat which you want to unzip.
- Choose "Unzip"
From the desktop version
For unzip conversation from desktop app from Facebook Messenger, just find a contact and start the chat again. Likewise, when you receive a message from the specified person, it will appear in your inbox again as usual. Although it should be noted that this Does not apply if Hide forever is selected. when serving from a desktop application.
So, hiding or archiving a conversation on Facebook Messenger is something you can do from your mobile phone using the mobile app or on your computer using the web version or desktop app.