How to Change Your Username on Spotify
Spotify has become a multi-platform application for listening to multimedia content, audio, video and podcasts of the latest generation. To take advantage of these benefits, you will need to register for a user account, although you can also Login via Facebook or your email, so you don't have to worry when logging in. It is worth noting that registration data cannot be changed.
Many people often confuse user data with display name. The last one is the only one that can be changed. It's important to note that this action is currently not possible from the browser. That's why if you want change identification information in Spotifyyou should follow the steps shown below to make it quick and easy.
From the application
To change visible information from your smartphone, Tablet or PC, open the app you previously downloaded on your device and sign in to Spotify. Next you need to complete a number of steps:
- In the upper right corner, enter the menu "Preferences" (Gear icon).
- Access option "View profile".
- Swipe the screen and select "Edit profile".
- Enter "Display name".
- Once you've completed these steps, you'll be able to edit the name you want your friends to see on your user profile. Spotify. You also have the option to choose a photo or image to go along with your name if you want to make it easier for your friends to identify you.
- To finish, select "Hold".
After completing this procedure, the information displayed will immediately change in your Playlists and activities with friends.
A method or suggestion that will also help you change your details is to create a new account, through which you can change the access and profile information to be displayed in the Spotify application. It is worth noting that using this method you can restore Playlists saved in your old account so it shouldn't bother you.