How to Convert CDA File to MP3
Songs stored on CDs are originally in CDA format, and this is important to know. how to convert CDA file to MP3. This will allow you to have a higher level of compatibility with almost any player. Moreover, this process is extremely simple and almost automatic. with the default player on your computer; iTunes on MacOS or Windows Media on Windows.
The disadvantage of these methods is that you must have a computer with a CD drive, and there are those who do not have this component either from the factory or due to damage. These people will have possibility of access online CDA to Mp3 converters, in which the procedure is automatic and completely free. This is also ideal if you have .cda files but don't have the corresponding CD.
Windows Media Player or Windows Media Player is the default video playback application that allows users convert your CDA files to Mp3 whenever they want import the CD into your computer. This is a simple procedure which will be explained below:
- Launch the player Windows Media.
- Right-click on the top bar and select "Tools > Options..."
- Go to the "Rip music from CD", in this space you can make those adjustments that you consider necessary.
- First of all, you will see a section that says “Copy music to this location from a CD" Press "Change…" to select a different location and "File name…" to change the information that will be available there.
- Now start making changes to "CD Ripping Settings" In part "Format:", click on the small box to view more options and select "MP3"
- At this point you have an alternative: check the option "Rip CD automatically" to make a copy of the entire CD. If you don't activate it, you can perform this process manually and select the tracks you want to rip. If you choose to automate this process, you can also select "Eject the CD after ripping" This way, it will also be easier for you to remove it from your computer.
- "Sound quality", you can leave the default configuration as it is optimal, or you can change it as you wish.
- Choose "Apply > Accept" to save configuration changes.
- Insert CD in computer.
- If you checked the option "Rip CD automatically"The process will begin immediately after reading the disc. If you haven't done this, you can uncheck tracks that you don't need copy or convert before clicking the "Copy from CD"
- This will save the songs to the pre-specified location and you will only have to remove the CD unless you check the "Eject the CD after ripping"
Note: Windows Media Player is usually present in all versions of Windows by default, but you may need to enable or install it in some editions of Windows 10. In this case, enter "Settings > Applications > Applications and features." At this point you will need to find "Windows Media Player" or "Windows Media Player" and proceed to turn it on or install it.
As with Windows Media Player, macOS gives you the ability to Convert Your CDA Files to Mp3 Using iTunes when do you want import songs from CD to computer. Below you will see the procedure that needs to be performed in this case:
- Open iTunes and click "Version" at the top of the screen, and then select "preferences"
- In this section you can perform the previous setting you need, you will see that it says “When inserting a CD", click on the box to select the option you prefer. This will determine how the CD is imported, it could be:*Show CD: This will help you to open it and carry out the procedure manually.*Start playbackA: If you want to listen to music, although this will also allow you to import manually.*Ask if you want to import CDs: You will just need to confirm the import operation.*Import CD: Used to automatically import data by the computer after reading the disc.*Import the CD and eject it.: Similar to the previous option, with the difference that the disk will be automatically ejected after the import is complete.
- Press "Import settings..."
- At this point you will see a section “Import using:" and select "MP3 encoder"
- IN "Adjustment:" you can choose the audio quality you want, the ideal alternative is 192 Kbps.
- The rest of the settings can be left automatically, just click "Fine» as many times as necessary to close the settings window.
- Insert the CD into the drive from your computer, and if you have chosen any configuration for automatic import, you will just have to wait for the process to complete.
- If you selected "Show CDClick on the CD icon to see the tracks you want to convert and copy to your computer.
- By default, all songs will be checked. Uncheck the ones you don't want to keep.
- Press "Import CD" and confirm the operation of importing songs with preset settings. When the process is complete, the songs will be in the default iTunes folder.
With online converters
On the other side, if you have a computer without a CD drive or you don't have the appropriate disk because you only want to convert .cda files, you will have to choose an audio converter. There are many options online that you can use for free, the best ones will be mentioned below:
This is one of the best options convert audio files online for free. Convertio allows you to get files from anywhere on your computer, from Dropbox, Drive or via a link. Additionally, it has an extension that you can install in your browser. Maybe convert more than 100 MBbut for this you need to register, otherwise the limit will be 100MB.
Official website: https://convertio.co/es/cdda-mp3/
This is another alternative with which you can convert your CDA files to MP3. It's a bit limited compared to Convertio, but it's worth a try. You will simply need to drag and drop the file or select it from a folder on your PC, convert and download the resulting audio file. AnyConv has a conversion limit of 100 MBand with Convertio you can gain more weight if you sign up.
Official website: https://anyconv.com/es/converter-de-cda-a-mp3/
There are different methods for converting CDA files to MP3, you just need to choose the one that best suits your circumstances. If you have files in CDA format but don't have a CD or reader, you'll have to choose an online converter, and with a CD you can automatically do the conversion using your OS's default player.