How to search for people in Renets by DPR, first name or last name
Whether for work, legal or business purposes, if you are a Peruvian citizen, you have probably been faced with the need to view a person's personal information using their DNI number or their full name. For this reason, the Peruvian government has an online platform, Reniec, which offers a fairly comprehensive database with detailed and publicly available information on adult citizens living in the country.
Although this platform is very popular and is the official means of searching for people in Peru by ID, first name or last name online, the truth is that not everyone knows how to use this tool. For this reason, this post will explain step by step how to use this online platform.
How to check by ID
Renets's online platform offers the ability to search for citizens via DNI. If you know this information and want to know more about this person, below we explain what you should do:
- From your web browser, access the Reniec website using this link: https://www.reniec.gob.pe/
- Once this is done, go to the "Guidelines, procedures and most visited services".
- Once in this section, click In the box "Verify a person's identity".
- Next you will be taken to a section where you need to click "Verify a person's identity".
- Once there, enter the DNI number you want to know and select "Consult". You should be aware that for this procedure you need to first confirm your personal details.
- Now you will see on the screen all the identification data of the citizen corresponding to the DPR with which you have become familiar.
How to consult by first and last name
If you don't have the ID of the citizen you want to consult, don't worry because if you know their first and last names, you can search in the Reniec online tool. The steps you must follow are as follows:
- Log into your web browser and go to the Reniec website using this link: https://www.reniec.gob.pe/
- Go to Search options and enter the first and last name of the person you want to consult with.
- Again, you need to enter the Captcha code that appears on the screen and click Consult.
- Wait for the search results to load and that's it.