How to Set Up a TP-Link Extender to Increase the Range of Your Wi-Fi
If you want to tune TP-Link extender, you need to look at the model, take into account the stages of its installation and configuration. As a rule, “WPS” button options are available in models; use the instructions on the official website or connect the device directly to the PC. Once the process is complete you will have Access Wi-Fi at home or at work for any smart device, be it a laptop, computer, consoles, tablet, etc. By setting up the devices correctly, you will receive better coverageregardless of the size of your home or office.
Wi-Fi connection is one of the best inventions that allows you to provide a large coverage area without the need for a direct connection to a modem or wired network. So in this lesson you will see how to configure multiple TP-Link extender models. You will also tell in detail a number of tips to ensure that the connection with this repeater is the most optimal for all connected devices.
Actions depending on model
The good thing about TP-Link extenders is that they are easy to set up and there are different methods for doing so depending on your model. They usually require very simple and practical steps. Some have button "WPS" And "Range extender" If not, you can follow the procedure from browser or access network connections for direct Wi-Fi connection. As mentioned, everything will depend on the model you are using.
This model has a design designed for distribute wireless network signal to difficult and remote areas. It has a range of up to 300 Mbps and a compact size that allows you to place it anywhere in your home or office. Also, this might work like wifi And How wireless adapter via your Ethernet port. Once these characteristics are explained, review the steps you need to take to manage its configuration:
- Turn on your device.
- Unite attentively amplifier TP-Link TL-WA850RE to the socket next to router. Wait for it to turn on permanently.
- Press button "WPS" on your Wi-Fi router, and then press about him "Range Prolong» TP-Link Wi-Fi equipment. Both buttons leave them pressed for 3 seconds. The LED should glow solid green to indicate a good connection.
- After synchronization you can disable TP-Link to place it where you prefer. Once you have determined your location, make sure all the lights on the Wi-Fi extender are lit. This way you will know that it is configured correctly.
This is an extension cord that It has antennas that pass through obstacles. wireless signal, which provides better connection at various levels of the company or home. Like TP-Link TL-WA850RE, Has an Ethernet port to connect the cable directly to the computer. The setup steps are as follows:
- After turning on the device unite next to the router is a TP-Link TL-WA850RE amplifier into the socket. When the LEDs stop flashing, proceed to the next step.
- Press buttonsWPS" And "Range Prolong» from the team and TP-Link TL-WA850RE. Wait a minute until the green LED lights up with an even, stable color.
- Now you can disconnect your computer from the network and move it anywhere in your home or office. When choosing a new location, make sure all the lights are on.
TP-Link RE300 AC1200
Even though it is a small model, it has allowed it to stand out from others with its power and coverage. This extender allows you to connect more than 30 devices simultaneously and maintain speed and reliability between multiple areas near or far from your center. Additionally, it also has the advantage of connecting to the router either via an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. For configure TP-Link RE300 AC1200follow these steps:
- In that router, press the WPS button and after a minute or two, press the WPS button V model RE300. This way it will connect to the network.
- When you are connected, move TP-LINK RE300 in a different area (if you want) to improve range. You won't have to set it up again.
- if you have router that is not compatible with WPS, download the application Tether so you can connect RE300 repeater to router using this app.
The connection speed can range from 300 to 867 Mbps thanks to the dual-band spectrum (2.4 and 5 GHz), which avoids interruptions during the transmission of connection waves. Follow these steps to setting up TP-Link RE305:
- Connect RE305 to the nearest router current.
- click WPS button on your router.
- Then, press the WPS button belonging TP-Link RE305.
- Wait a few minutes for the setting to activate.
- Once configured, you can place (without reconfiguring) the RE305 in any other area to increase range.
TP-Link RE365 AC120
This middle-class model has its own socket for connecting any other device through it. It has one fully external retractable antenna and two internal antennas that provide connection speeds of up to 1200 Mbps. It also changes color to indicate a good Wi-Fi network connection. If you want configure TP-Link RE365 AC120 details the following steps:
- Connect RE365 at a close distance from the router.
- Press the "WPS" button on the router. followed by RE365 "WPS" button. If the blue light turns on, it means the connection is good. If it turns red, it means the model is very far from the router.
- Wait a few minutes for the setup to proceed correctly.
- Once connected, place the TP-Link RE365 in any other location if you wish.
TP-Link RE450 AC1750
This extender also offers dual-band mode with connection speeds ranging from 450 to 1300 Mbps. Moreover, its range is more than 800 square meters, which allows for better range no matter where the device is located. TP-Link RE450 AC1750. To find out its configuration, follow these steps:
- Connect the extender into any outlet near the router.
- click WPS button"from yours router And "RE" button models RE450 AS1750.
- Wait until the connection indicators light up steadily.
- Once connected, you can move the device to any other location.
From settings, without WPS button
It should be noted that this method works on all models. But to do this, let's look at an example model TP-Link Wi-Fi RE200 AC750, which does not have a button. This extension cord is one of the best extension cords in terms of price-quality ratio. TP-Link Wi-Fi RE200 AC750 has three antennas for connection, which provides greater stability, signal and network width in neighboring areas. It reaches speeds of 433 Mbps and has a second network band of 5 GHz. If you have this model and you want to know how to configure it, follow the steps described below:
- Place RE200 AC750 plug into the outlet and wait until the indicator blinks.
- Connect a Wi-Fi extender to your computer via a wireless connection or an Ethernet cable.
- Disable any wireless network if you decide to connect Wi-Fi via cable"Ethernet" If you have disabled this connection type, connect the TP-Link Wi-Fi extender.
- If you choose wireless connection, disconnect the "Ethernet" connection or by cable.
- Go to "Wireless network" on the desktop and click "Update" to start connecting the repeater. Find the Wi-Fi factory name (TP-Link Wi-Fi RE200 AC750).
- Then go to the section "Repeater TP-Link"
- Among the available connection options: select method this best matches what you are looking for.
- The system will ask you username and passwordin which you just need to write "administrator" in both fields (without quotes).
- You will see the page "Quick installation" Select Wi-Fi network router or modem.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password from your main router or modem.
- Check the LED indicators on your TP-Link extender.. If all indicators light up, setup is complete.
If the specific steps of the previous models did not help you, you can try this method, which consists of connect directly your main device (computer) with TP-Link extender. In this regard, follow these steps to detail the procedure:
- Plug your Wi-Fi extender into the side of your router. in the socket.
- On your computer, find available Wi-Fi networks.
- Establishes a connection to a computer network. It should be like "TP-Link_Extender_2.4 GHz"
Tips for expanding your reach
Since a Wi-Fi network emits connection waves, any external agent can easily interfere with it. Likewise, depending on your location, some areas will benefit more than others. That is why this section will detail some tips that will help you get the greatest effect. advantage of wifi extender.
- Central location: try to post TP-Link extender in a location central enough that its access is not obstructed by doors or walls.
- Using repeaters: Repeaters are Wi-Fi amplifiers that allow for better range as they receive wireless signals and spread waves through other areas of the office or home.
- Avoid interference: Metal objects intercept waves and electronic devices such as beeps, cordless phones, washing machines and other devices. They emit waves that cause interference and prevent connections in the most difficult to reach places.
- Good alignment: There are extender models that have 3 external antennas. Are They must be aligned correctly following the established order. The first antenna should be completely vertical, the second in a horizontal position forward and the third also in a horizontal position, but to the side.
- Consider the height: If you place the router in a closet, library, or bookshelf, it will have a more optimized range since the waves will not have any interference.
- Protection: If your router is located over a fairly large area, its range may be much wider. Therefore, it is important to secure the connection with password usageso that the network is not overloaded with the connection of several devices.
connecting to a wireless or Wi-Fi network It has become an indispensable tool for working on any smart device at home or in the office. This is why its configuration is important to be able to maintain a stable connection and rugged, allowing for medium-distance operation without the need for a direct connection to a wired network.