How to Change Snapchat Password
It's likely that after using Snapchat for a while, you've decided now is the time. change access passwordeither to change the password you are using to a more secure one, or because you suspect that someone else knows your password.
Snapchat offers two options for changing your password: the first is easier because it is done through the official website, the second requires installing the official application. If you don't know how to do this, don't worry, here at MundoCuentas we will show you. how to change snapchat password and thus prevent others from using it.
Change Snapchat password on the website
First option for change snapchat password It is through the official website, so it is the fastest and most direct.
- Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/change_password from a browser on a PC or mobile phone.
- Login in case the Snapchat website requests it.
- Enter your Current Password in the first field, in the second field enter your New Password (which must contain at least 8 characters, a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and/or symbols) and in the third field repeat new password confirm.
- Click the "Change Password" button.
- If everything went well, a confirmation message will appear.
By following these steps, your Snapchat password will be successfully changed and you will be able to login to the application using new access data.
Change Snapchat Password from the App (Android and iOS)
If you have the Snapchat app installed on your Android or iOS device, you can easily change your password in the app. Follow these steps to update your password:
- Login to the Snapchat app from your device.
- Once you are logged into your account Click on the user or profile icon. located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then click on gear icon located in the upper right corner to enter the application settings.
- Then click on the option "Password".
- Next Enter your current password and press "Continue".
- After this time you must post New Password to replace the previous one, which must contain upper and lower case characters, numbers and special characters. You will need to do this twice to confirm your new access information.
- If you are sure that you entered the password correctly in both fields, click "Hold" to apply the changes.
- If you have followed all the steps correctly, you will receive Snapchat confirmation message.
This will cause Snapchat to send a message to the email address associated with your account to notify you that your password has been successfully changed.
Change your Snapchat password periodically will protect your account preventing others from accessing or using them maliciously, downloading content that could harm you, or extracting your personal information. This is the reason why changing your Snapchat password is precaution something you should consider if you want to protect your data privacy and prevent hacking. Follow these tips when changing your Snapchat password for greater security:
- Do not use your personal information in your password; Avoid entering information about your date of birth, phone number, first/last name, city of birth or residence, or other information that could be easily found by others.
- Choose password that you can easily remember but at the same time it is difficult to guess.
- Don't use the same password in multiple places and don't use the same password you use for email.
- Long passwords are more secure, so try to make them as long as possible.
- Use an online password generator such as www.Password.es and remember it or write it down in a safe place.
Following these guidelines will make it nearly impossible for another person to maliciously access your Snapchat account. Enjoy the ghost app! 😉