How much data does Spotify consume?
Spotify - an application for listening to any music while you are doing other things or while on vacation. It has millions of playlists and several entertaining podcasts for all ages. You can download the app to either your phone or your computer, and it requires an internet connection to work. If you are using it on your phone and wondering how much data does spotify consumethis article is of general interest.
If you don't have a Premium subscription, how to listen to music concerning download your playlists you will need data consumption or Internet access. Here you will learn how to reduce the data and how to calculate the consumption according to the options selected on the platform. In the same way, you will know how many MB you will spend when listening to songs for an hour or more.
Megabyte consumption per song
The data consumed by each song varies depending on duration and quality with which you listen. If you have high quality will consume much more megabytes. For your part, if you choose normal quality, data usage will be kept to a minimum. Usually a song 3 minutes consumes in standard format 2 MB. Now, if you want to know specifically how much it spends based on the quality you choose, take a look at this list:
- Low quality: has speed 24 kbps. This is the lowest among all qualities.
- normal quality: This format is most commonly used by users due to its cost-saving capabilities. It has speed 96 kbpsso it consumes about 0.72 MB per minute.
- Automatic quality: This is an alternative to not having to worry about the amount of data you might spend as it adapts to your connection though not less than 96 kbps.
- High quality: Streaming can reach 160 kbpsand in a minute it can reach 1.2 MB.
- very high quality: This option is recommended if you have a good data plan, a high-end phone with extraordinary sound, and quality headphones, as this way you will be able to differentiate between the different options. This quality has speed 320 kbps and 2.4 MB per minute of song.
At one o'clock
If you use Spotify for one or two hours a day while you go to work or get home, it's normal that you want to know how much data the app is consuming. So, you can change the MB plan you are using so that you can enjoy all the songs that the platform offers you. Consumption per hour also varies depending on the streaming quality you have set. Know how much would you spend per hour will be explained in this list:
- Low and automatic quality: you can spend up to 40 MB per hour if you use this streaming.
- High quality: by activating this quality you will be able to consume 72 MB per hour.
- very high quality: This is the format that consumes the most, as using the application for an hour will consume approximately 150 MB.
It must be emphasized that these data consumed by Spotify They are quite competitive compared to other apps like YouTube or SoundCloud. Using the lowest quality YouTube consumes up to 100 MB per hour. On the other hand, the platform has an option (Premium) download songs like this save MB and listen to all downloaded tracks or playlists without an Internet connection.
By quality and quantity of hours which you invest weekly, monthly calculation of consumed MB to listen to songs on Spotify. On the other hand, if you use the same songs, the platform has a cache memory, so it will not reuse tracks you previously listened to. Now in the next list which you will see below you will see how much do you consume per month If you listen to songs on Spotify one or two hours a day:
- Automatic and low quality.: can consume from from 1.2 GB to 2.4 GB. You can listen between From 400 to 1500 songs.
- High quality: from from 2 GB to 4 GB per month. With this consumption you can listen up to 240 songs.
- very high quality: between from 4.5 GB to 9 GB per month if you use the application one or two hours a day. Using so many megabytes with such quality, you will only be able to listen
- 120 songs.
By looking at this data, you can get an idea of how many megabytes you need per month and what service you should sign up for your current phone service. You can appreciate the various promotions that many phone companies are running as they offer up to unlimited GB depending on the plan you choose for a month.
How to reduce data
TO change streaming quality In the application settings you can reduce data consumption on your phone. This way, you can expand your MB plan and use it for other apps that require it. If you want to reduce the amount of data you consume when listen to your playlists on SpotifyJust follow these simple steps:
- Go to Spotify and Click on the configuration gear..
- Go to "Music quality"
- Choose between "Automatic, Low, Normal, High and Very High"
It is possible to activate the option "Saving data"that will help you turn off playback loops and visual effects short (canvas) and minimize megabyte consumption when listening to songs. To enable this option, follow these steps:
- Open Spotify and go to Parameter.
- Looking for "Playback"
- Swipe your finger across the screen and forbid option "Canvas"
By following these steps you will be able to find out how to reduce data consumption on spotify. This way, you can use your data plan for other applications. It is also described in detail how much MB does Spotify spend? depending on the quality and hours spent listening to your songs, podcasts or playlists.