How to create a folder in Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the information sharing platforms with the highest user traffic today. Much of its success is due to its many features that allow you to work in an environment similar to that of PC operating systems. One of its most striking features is the integration of several systems. This article will discuss the proposal ability to create and configure folders.
Thereby, you can organize your files better in your existing cloud, even sharing personal files with files for work or school. An important advantage is that you can personalize them with a name and even a color. Next, we'll show you in detail how to create and share folders in Google Drive.
Google Drive can be accessed in several ways, and from a PC it is one of the most commonly used. To use all features, You need to install the program on your computer. Does Click here You can access the download link on the official page.
Once the installation is complete, follow these steps to create a folder and be able to manage it:
- Open the folder that is automatically associated with your cloud space. If you don't know how to find it, this is It has the default name Google Drive. and its logo.
- In it, right-click on an empty space to access more options and then click on "New"
- In the next tab, click "File" This way you will create a folder on your computer that will be linked automatically.
You can customize this folder by giving it the name you want and simply add the necessary files there. You will be able to access from the web version or from a program on your PC.
Using the Browser
If you do not want to install any programs on your computer, you can access via browser trustworthy for your Official website and create a folder from there. After logging in using your Gmail email, follow these steps:
- On its main page, click on the button "+New" located in the upper left corner.
- In the tab that appears, select “File"
- You will be given access to the box where you will be asked to identify it by name. Once you do this, click "Create" In the end.
You will now be able to access it and start uploading your information.
Google Drive also has a specially designed application. for mobile devices or tablets with Android operating system. You can access the download from the official store. Here. To create a folder, simply follow these steps:
- On the app's main screen, tap amount (+) located in the lower right corner. This will take you to options for adding information to your Drive.
- Then click on the section "File"
- You will see a field where you need to enter the name of your folder. Place the one that best suits your needs. To complete the process, click on the "Accept"
How to move files to a folder
Once your folders are created, you just need to get started organize your files in her. If you don't know how to do this, then how to do it will be described in detail. in you mobile or web version:
The Google Drive experience is similar to what we're already working on in recent versions of Windows. Google has simplified processes by allowing us to have a folder in our “Documentation» for automatic communication. How to do this will be explained.
The most common way is to copy and paste files.. It's important to note that if you upload a lot of files or subfolders, it may take a while for them to appear on your Drive.
- Find the files you want to copy to your folder and right-click. This will take you to additional options about these files.
- Then select the option "Copy", or "Cut" if you want to move them completely.
- In a folder called "Google Drive", indicated by the specified symbol, find the folder you just created and extra click.
- Finally, in the options tab, select "Insert" The files you select will begin to be copied or moved. Depending on your weight, this may take a few minutes.
Another way to do this is to drag and drop files into the folder you want to sync or upload to the cloud.
From the browser
Also You can complete this entire process through your browser.if the program is not installed on your computer. You just need to log into its official website by doing Click here and do the following:
- On its home page find the file you want to save in the folder and right-click on it.
- In the tab that opens, select the option “Go to"
- Finally, select the folder where you want to save the file and click "Move". If you haven't created one yet, you can click "Create a folder" to add more.
On your mobile phone you will complete the entire process using application. How to do this will be described below:
- Find the file you want to move on the Home screen once you have it. puts pressure on him to have more options.
- Then click on the folder symbol shown in the image.
- Finally, click on the folder where you want to save the information and click "Move"
You will know that the information was successfully saved because you will receive a notification informing you.
Customize your folders
Another feature that Google Drive gives you is ability to personalize folders by color. This will help you have a visual guide to maintain your order. If you want to do this, just follow these steps:
- On your home page right click on the folder what do you want to change. This will allow you to access customization options.
- In the next tab, click "Change color"
- Finally, choose the color you want and the changes will be applied automatically.
With these simple steps you will be able to manage all your files and organize them by name or color.